Chicken Sopas: Drowning My Sorrow in a Bowl

I've been a little sickly lately. Maybe the Manila air has something to do with it. After living in the province for months, adopted to the rural way of life and breathe fresh air, my body could have forgotten how it feels to live in the busy, crowded and polluted metropolis.

I had a slight fever during my first week. Now, I've gone mad with my cough.

Since I am living along (again) at the moment, I don't have a choice but to move. I need to buy stuff from the grocery and cook if I wanted to eat and enjoy home-cooked meal. Not to be overly dramatic on petty things, but this part of my life is what I dread--being alone and sick. Living independently is okay when you are physically in a good condition but when you are sick and you don't feel like moving, the thought of having someone taking care of you slowly creep.

 The best way to get rid of all the bad vibes was to eat something comforting. So, I decided to cook chicken sopas, which I ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I add a lot of ginger to the recipe to help soothe my throat.

Hungry-pinay.blogspot.com: Home-cooked meal

If you wonder how I cooked mine, let me share it with you.

INGREDIENTS

  • butter
  • boiled chicken fillet and flaked
  • chicken broth (the broth I used for boiling the chicken)
  • cooked macaroni pasta
  • chopped cabbage
  • julienned carrots
  • chopped onions
  • chopped celery
  • chopped ginger
  • canned evaporated milk
  • salt and pepper 

PROCEDURE

Heat the butter first, Saute the onion and ginger. Add the flaked chicken then the vegetables. Mix the cooked macaroni, Next is the chicken broth and evaporated milk. Add salt and pepper to taste, Let it boil until the vegetables are tender.




Comments

Popular Posts