Lelut Baculud @ San Fernando, Pampanga

The past 72 hours was pretty scary. The rain never stopped and it get stronger every minute. And the news are showing the worsening flood in Metro Manila. While I am staying warmly and comfortably at home, I am a little restless too. Hard rain like this makes me uneasy especially that I am seeing trickles of fine water on the wall of my "substandard" place. I never intend to badmouth but seeing some problems in my electrical wiring and now with water pouring inside the house only confirm how poorly the house is made.

Nevertheless, amidst that gloom, a guy friend came along and spent almost the entire night with me chatting and laughing. It's lightens me up a bit.  And to warm ourselves up, he brought me to Lelut Baculud. Lelut means lugaw or congee. Baculud is a pre-Spanish name of our place Bacolor in Pampanga.

lelut or lugaw

lelut or lugaw

tokwa't baboy


It was my first time to visit the place. It has that homey and very Filipino ambiance. As the rain pours, more and more people came in even it was in the wee hours of the morning. It was surprising because it never runs out of customers despite of the heavy rain. According to my friend, Lelut Baculud was just a small business several years ago but they have expanded to cater more Kapampangan patrons.

Lelut Baculud @ San Fernando, Pampanga


Though their specialty is lugaw they have wide variety of Filipino viands and snacks to choose from.

If you are just within the vicinity, you may visit any of the following Lelut Baculud branches
  • Purok 5, Brgy. San Juan, City of San Fernando, Pampanga
  • Kalayaan Village, Quebiawan, City of San Fernando, Pampanga

Comments

  1. Wow, never heard of Lelut Baculud. What was that green stuff on the lugaw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I heard it correctly, it's only 5 years in business. I don't think naabutan mo to before. The greens are actually chopped scallions :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Tita Joy! Kung malapit ka lang puede kita dalhan ng lugaw ahehehe!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank your for visiting Hungry Pinay. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Popular Posts