Hungry Pinay Cooks Pork Binagoongan (Pork With Shrimp Paste)

Pork binagoongan is so flavorful that makes you want to indulge in rice. You can't enjoy this dish with no or less rice. If you serve this, make sure you've cooked more rice than the usual.

Pork binagoongan is a personal fave. So, I learn to cook the way I want it. I don't want to disappoint myself, of course ðŸ˜€

Back in my Ortigas days, when I used to work in a corporate office, I would take my lunch early when I see this on the menu. The pork binagoongan I used to eat has gata (coconut milk) in it that makes it creamy and a little oily. I love that version too. 

My version of pork binagoongan is salty and sweet. I didn't add vinegar to the dish because the shrimp paste I bought is not that salty anyway. Though, most of the recipes add a little vinegar.

Hungry-pinay.blogspot.com: Pork binagoongan
Pork binagoongan 

Ingredients:
  • Pork, cubed
  • Shrimp paste (bagoong), approximately half cup per kilo of pork
  • Chopped garlic
  • Sliced red onions
  • diced tomatoes
  • 2 medium sized eggplant, cut into slices
  • 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of sugar
  • 2 cups of water, approximate
  • cooking oil
  • salt and pepper
  • Siling labuyo
Instructions:
  1. Pour water in the pan to boil the pork. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Boil until tender. Then, set aside. Don't throw the broth.
  2. Using the same pan, sautee the garlic, onions and tomatoes.
  3. When tomatoes are tender, add the bagoong and the sugar. 
  4. Add the pork. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
  5. Mix the sliced eggplant.
  6. Put the broth and let it simmer for a few minutes until the eggplant is cooked and the water is reduced.
  7. Add the siling labuyo. 
  8. Seasoned it with salt and pepper.

Comments

Popular Posts