KyoChon: The Hottest Chick in Town

It's been like a year since I last stepped inside SM Megamall. In such a short span of time, a lot of things has changed though many remains the same like the shops and restaurants that I used to go to.

KyoChon, a Korean restaurant located strategically near the entrance of building B, immediately caught my attention. I checked their menu and was enticed with what they offer. I got a peek of its nice homey interior from the outside, which prodded me further to go in.

I read positive reviews about KyoChon. There is only one way to find out to validate what they said--I have to eat here.

THE PLACE

Minimalism and green interior design always gives that comfy and homey ambiance. That is exactly what you are going to find in KyoChon.

hungry-pinay.blogspot.com Kyochon, SM Megamall


THE FOOD

"Chicken like you've never had before." True enough, they serve delicious fried chicken that would become my standard for chicken from now on.

hungry-pinay.blogspot.com Kyochon, SM Megamall

KyoChon's chicken is tasty and crispy but still juicy and tender inside.  It is not greasy that makes you feel less guilty.

They uses double frying method to achieve a best-tasting fried chicken. (KyoChon started this double fried chicken craze in Korea).They also promise using natural ingredients and no glacial acetic acid, sodium saccharine, and MSG. No wonder, KyoChon received a lot of awards.

hungry-pinay.blogspot.com Kyochon, SM Megamall

Honestly, the small size wing (5pcs for P149) of original flavor seems not sufficient. I feel I can have more.


Their soonsal wrap (P130) was good as well. It is a chicken wrap with some veggies. But according to one of their managers who cordially approached me for feedback, the spicy one is better.

hungry-pinay.blogspot.com Kyochon, SM Megamall
soonsal wrap

And since an Asian meal is only completed with the presence of rice, I also had a serving--I had a bowl of kimchi rice(P99). Oh man! It is delicious!

hungry-pinay.blogspot.com Kyochon, SM Megamall
kimchi rice

For more gastronomic surprise that day, I had a sparkling plum tea (P70)

hungry-pinay.blogspot.com Kyochon, SM Megamall
sparkling plum tea

hungry-pinay.blogspot.com Kyochon, SM Megamall
Lee Min ho on my table

LITTLE HISTORY

We're probably all familiar with Bonchon that introduced the concept of double frying to the Pinoy chicken lovers and foodies way back 2010. However, it is actually Kyochon that started this Korean Fried Chicken (KFC) craze since 1991.

Kyochon landed on the US soil in 2010, only second to Bonchon, which makes more Americans more familiar to the Bonchon brand.

Here are some of the things that KyoChon are very proud of:
  • They won the New York NBC BEST WING Award

  • They have over 1000 restaurants worldwide. 

  • They are recognized as “Best Brand” for 13 Consecutive Years in South Korea

Kyochon
Address: Upper Ground Floor, SM Megamall Building B, SM Megamall
Website
Facebook page

Other locations:
  • Ground Floor, Main Building, SM City Fairview
  • Ground Level, Greenhills Theater Mall
  • Citywalk 1, Eastwood City, Libis
  • Lower Level, Estancia, Capitol Commons, Pasig City
  • Ground Floor, U.P. Town Center, Diliman
  • Robinson's Place, Level 1, Pedro Gil Wing

Comments

  1. I really love to eat Korean foods especially the kimchi! If only Laguna restaurants has this Korean foods, that will be good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank your for visiting Hungry Pinay. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Popular Posts