Turkish Doner, Angeles City

A doner or doner kebab is popularly known as shawarma here in the Philippines. Doner kebab is a Turkish term while shawarma is the Arabic name. The dish consist of meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie [roh-tis-uh-ree] or rotatings spit.

Hungry-pinay.blogspot.com: Turkish Doner


If you are craving for some shawarma or doner, Turkish Doner maybe able to satisfy your cravings. It is one of the concessionaires at the SM Clark Food Court. And you've heard the reputation of the Food Court, right? People are really giving it a thumbs up. It is a nice place to dine and hang out with because of that cozy hotel-like ambiance. Plus, it offers a great selection of food at cheaper price.

Doner can be chicken, beef or mixed. It can be served wrapped in a pita bread as a sandwich with some tomato and onion relish topped with some sauce sauce.

Hungry-pinay.blogspot.com: Turkish Doner


If you don't want it in sandwich, you can also have them served in rice.

Hungry-pinay.blogspot.com: Turkish Doner


Budget can be from P100-250 per person including the drinks.

My doner experience was okay. I love the meat but I wasn't just fond of the sauce, sorry. Sauce matters to me especially when it comes to meat. You really have to pair it with a good sauce. I may sound bias here but I just love the shawarma sauce used by Passport Food. But of course it always comes down to personal preference. So, with that, I guess you have to try it for yourself.

Comments

  1. I saw this Arabic/Indian "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant along walking street in Balibago. It's in the middle of the red light district but i was curious in trying it--maybe they do have good kebabs and shawarma there. I just moved to Angeles City, Pampanga and will try in sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are enjoying your stay here in Angeles. There are so many good resto in the city, that Indian restaurant could be one of them. It is worthy to check it out. Glad you mentioned that place, me and my friends could visit that area soon. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank your for visiting Hungry Pinay. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Popular Posts